GTA residents can plan a perfect day trip with their family this March at Bronte Creek provincial park. The annual Maple Leaf festival is now open and is a perfect opportunity to take your kids out on a short day trip filled with fun and learning.
Here are some highlights from the festival
- Guided tour by park staff, explaining the history of maple syrup and the steps involved in extraction of syrup from honey maple tree
- Making maple sugar from the extracted syrup
- Stall to taste freshly made maple sugar and taffies
- Family portrait booth with Victorian costumes
- Animal barns and Spruce Lane farm house open for viewing
- Gift shops with artifacts and Bronte Creek’s own bottled maple syrup
- Wagon ride to pancake house where you can taste hot pancakes with fresh maple syrup
The festival is open from 9am till 3pm on all weekends in the month of March 2015 and during the entire week of March break (March 16th to 20th). Also, note that there is a vehicle entrance fee of about $16 per vehicle to access the park.
For more information about the festival, refer to one of the following links
- Bronte Creek’s official festival web page (with FAQ)
- Our blog post about the festival in Ontario parks official blog
Here are some pictures from the festival (slideshow)
You might also be interested in Why Bronte Creek provincial park is a perfect day trip destination for kids